Monday, September 9, 2013

UD Supercurl Mascara Review

Urban Decay has been my go-to brand for eye shadows for the last five years. My family and friends all know that if they're stuck for a present for me all they have to do is pick up a UD palette and I'll be over the moon! However, I'd never tried any of their other products until my Mom got me a set last Christmas that included a travel size Urban Decay 'Supercurl Curling Mascara'. I never really used mascara much before this because no matter how many I tried from various brands I just couldn't get a mascara that would last the day without ending up giving me very attractive panda eyes. The ones that came close to staying on my lashes instead of streaking down my cheeks would clump my lashes together and dry them out. So I tended to avoid the stuff as much as possible. However when a mascara claims to have 'super sculpting polymers' who am I to not at least try it?


I don't think I've ever been as impressed by a make up product ever. The protein-packed mascara boosted, curled and sculpted my lashes! The Supercurl Curling mascara has ingredients like glycoprotein for thicker lashes, moringa seeds to help define each individual lashes curl, then there's meadowfoam seed oil and Shea butter for conditioning and smoothing. These ingredients made my lashes look sleek, smooth and feathery-soft, just how I'd always wanted them to look! You can see the results for yourself below.


The above picture shows me, sans mascara and eyeshadow (gasp!) I only have on a smidgen of foundation to make me look human. I left my eyes bare so you can really see the improvement made by this mascara with no help from eyeliner or shadows.


See how much longer and fuller my lashes look! This is after two coats of my Supercurl Curling Mascara. They weren't lying either...it really does Supercurl! 

This mascara lasts literally all day for me, it doesn't budge come rain or shine, from once I put it on in the morning to when I remove it at night and the craziest part is, it's not even waterproof and yet it has such incredible staying power! The one thing I found it hard to get used to was the 'moulded and curved new technology wand'. It's slightly curved and the bristles were less like brush bristles and more like plastic stumps. However this seemed to help separate and define the lashes in such a way that the curl in your lashes lasted all day. The main difference with this brush head was trying to remember not to wiggle the brush from side to side. With this brush doing that only clumps your lashes together. Instead you need to start at the base of your lashes and stroke upwards separating and curling your lashes as you go.


Finally, one of the things i adore about Urban Decay is their packaging. They always have excellent quality product in stunning containers. This mascara is no exception as it is in a gorgeous mirrored gunmetal tube, embellished with swirling black scrolls in delicate floral designs that give this the girly edgy vibe that Urban Decay always capture so well.

If you're still in search of the perfect mascara for you then I highly recommend the Supercurl Curling Mascara. It costs €22 in Debenhams (although it's on sale at the moment here at debenhams for €19.80!) So tell me, have you guys found the perfect mascara yet? Or have you tales of clumping, panda eye giving miseries you need to warn others away from?

No comments:

Post a Comment