Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Confetti Vs Grafitti


On a recent trip to Limerick I spent a small fortune in Superdrug. On my mad sale-induced shopping spree I spotted a glorious nail polish, similar to one that's a good deal more expensive. So of course, in the name of blogging I had to pick one up for a review! Here I am going to compare L'oreal Color Riche Nail Top Coat in 'Confettis' to Nails Inc. Graffiti Polish in 'Brick Lane'.


The Graffiti polish cost €16.50 and can be bought in Debenhams. On the other hand the Confetti polish only set me back €6.45 and can be purchased in pretty much any pharmacy across the country. Is the difference in price warranted? I'll let the swatches speak for themselves! Both polishes have been painted over the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polish in 540 'Frutti Petutie'.

First we'll look at the L'oreal number.
This gorgeous polish applies smoothly and with no trouble whatsoever. It's a clear polish with tiny hexagonal black and white coloured glitters varying in size in it. With just one coat (as seen above) the Confetti polish gives my nails a speckled look similar to that of a birds egg. It's a very quick drying polish and even with the speckles in it, dries smoothly with little to no bumps left on the surface of the nail. This polish is also pretty easy to remove which is rare in textured polishes.

Now, onto the Nails Inc. polish.
This Graffiti polish offers a completely different look once out of the bottle and applied to my nails. It's filled to bursting with hexagonal black and white glitters, smaller circular black sequins, black and white strands and teeny tiny black and white speckles. 'Brick Lane' clearly has far more in it which would explain it's price. I found this polish quite hard to work with though. With all those sequins and strands it makes for a very thick lumpy polish that is hard to manipulate evenly over your nail. It also takes a little longer than the L'oreal polish to dry and it dried far more bumpy and rough than the other polish too. However, I must admit, it does look really unique and edgy!

I suppose it really depends on what your personal preference is. Do you want a louder look with more variety? Then I would definitely recommend splurging and picking up the Nails Inc. one. However, if you're just looking for a simple nail art look that takes minimal effort and still catches people's eyes then I'd buy the L'oreal Confettis number. It gives a lovely simple, speckled finish and you can save yourself just over a tenner!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment