Thursday, October 10, 2013

Naked Skin Foundation Review

I am very much a dedicated 'one foundation at a time' kind of girl. Once I've found a foundation that works for me then I am very unlikely to change. In fact I think I've only used maybe four different brands of foundation in my life! So when a foundation does get the seal of approval from me I know that I will be buying it for a long time to come.

I have always had a huge obsession with Urban Decay's Naked range since the launch of the very first Naked eye-shadow palette. So it was a happy coincidence that I ran out of my usual foundation at the same time as the Naked Skin foundation was released in Irish stores. I figured that if their foundation was as high quality as the rest of their products then I should try it out and boy am I glad I did.



I love this foundation, I can't recommend it enough. I've never had a foundation that matched my pale skin so perfectly while still having a yellowish undertone to reduce the redness in my face. Urban Decay have a range of eighteen different shades that are numbered from 0.5 to 12.0. The shades ending in '.0' are warmer shades with yellow or olive undertones while the shades ending in '.5' are cooler with rosy or neutral undertones. This makes it a million times easier to find the right foundation to suit you. I use the shade 2.0 which is a fair colour with a slight yellow undertone and is a perfect match for my skin.



The Naked Skin foundation claims to "blur imperfections for a flawless finish that feels invisible, but looks professionally retouched". The question is, does it actually do what it says on the tin? The answer, my friends, is yes. I like my foundation to feel light, not caked on and heavy this weightless formula really does feel like you're wearing nothing at all on your face. It contains sodium hyaluronate which holds water for optimum hydration, circulation and nutrient absorption which makes skin smooth and soft, perfect for us drier skinned gals. The Naked Skin foundation also contains litchiderm which comes from the lychee fruit, it protects skin from dehydration, oxidative stress and accelerated ageing resulting in a brighter more radiant complexion.



That's all great you say but what does it actually look like? It looks amazing, naturally radiant, like I just happen to have flawless skin. This foundation gives you the buildable coverage you need depending on your day/skin. If you're having a good skin day and just need to even out your skin tone then just used a tiny pea-sized amount. If you want more coverage simply add a little more until you have the flawless, natural looking skin you've always wanted! Naked Skin uses 'light-diffusing spheres' that blur imperfections for a luminous, demi matte finish. It leaves my skin looking glowing and my skin vibrant without that sweaty, oily look. I also don't need to use a setting powder as it has a demi matte finish so it only gives me the luminosity I need and no more. This foundation is oil-free as well which means it's great for people with oily skin that might want to avoid products with oil in them.



I like to use my Urban Decay 'Optical Blurring Brush' (€29 here) to apply my foundation, the densely packed bristles of this brush really distributes make up evenly. I use it in circular motions to buff the foundation into my skin giving it a soft, flawless finish. However you can use anything you want to apply it, a stippling brush, a sponge even your fingers. Naked Skin foundation blends easily and a little really does go a long way. I've had my 30ml bottle now for about six months and it's only just starting to reach it's end. While this foundation may seem pricey at €34 (here) considering I've used it almost everyday for six months means it's only cost me about 20c a day, which is a bargain really when you're after naturally flawless looking skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment